Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fat March

My wife and I have been watching Fat March, a show about a group of fat people walking from Boston to Washington DC. We like the show because it reminds us to work on our weight issues. My wife is certainly not fat, but like most women, she feels that she needs to look like the skinny models of the runway. In a way, this is good because I am reminded that I need to lose weight. I am definitely fat. I'm at least 30 lbs overweight. I think that qualifies as obese. Gone are the days when I can run marathons. That was before I got married. A marriage is a full-time commitment, and everything else must come second, including marathons.


She and I have started running around the track at CSULA. So far, we're running 3 miles for 2 or 3 (if we're lucky) times a week. The exercise is helping me a lot. I don't feel as tired, and I can walk up a long flight of stairs without losing my breath.

We've also been watching a show on Discovery Channel called The Truth About Foods. The show explains a lot of things about food and how they affect our physiology. Did you know that foods high in protein speed up the production of chemicals that signal to your brain that you're full. Did you know that aphrodisiacs don't really work. It's all in the mind (like a placebo effect). This is one of the most educational shows I've seen so far. The truth is that I don't watch a lot of TV. But when I do, it's mostly the The Military Channel or The Cartoon Network. Oh I wish Nick would already show the next chapter of Avatar.



While we're on the subject of cartoons, I just saw a trailer for the upcoming Ironman movie. Of all people, it's Robert Downey Jr. who landed the role of Tony Stark. From what I can tell, the movie will just go into the beginnings of Ironman - not the current Civil War storyline of the Marvel Universe. I can't wait to see it. I was never a big fan of Ironman until I saw him kick several heroes' butt in a baseball park. But he did cheat against Spiderman. I just love reading the new X-Men episodes and the artwork is sharp and crisp. Who'd ever thought Bobby Drake would become legendary. Why M-day? Illyana Rasputin? Damn, my thoughts are all jumbled... I'll have to devote a whole blog for comics. There's just too much to talk about...

No comments: