Monday, September 24, 2007

Healthy In Pasadena

About a month ago, my wife and I started eating at Soup Plantation in Pasadena every Sunday. It's something we've decided to do as part of a healthy lifestyle. We both know that we can find cheaper foods elsewhere. We live in Alhambra where you can buy Asian dishes for two people for $4.00. That's like the price of one frappucino!! But we're adhering to Dean's advice: To paraphrase, "We're paying more now, but we're saving a lot more later." Dean Karnazes was refering to paying more for healthy foods now and then saving money later when you don't need to have a multiple bypass surgery. This is a pic of Dean, BTW.


I added Pasadena in the title because I just want to mention that I really like Pasadena. South of the 210 ^_^. The northern part is a bit scary at night... After eating at Soup Plantation, we walk to Grant Park where we sit on the grass, read devotions, and take naps. Imagine a warm lazy afternoon. Full stomach. Green grass. Blue skies. Soft breeze. My wife loves reading devotions. It helps us stay connected and focused.

No comments: