Monday, October 15, 2007

Do It Yourself Still

The house is still a mess. My wife and I got into an argument about how we could never invite people over because it is a mess. Truth be told, I don't mind having people visit, but I don't like having people stay overnight. She is worried that it will never be done, but I just keep telling her that I have everything under control... But she is right. It's been over a year. I've become lazy, complacent, and full of hubris among other things... I have not been able to accomplish much. I'm always planning but not doing. Let's face it, I need to get off my fat butt and start doing some real work...

Here's some pix of completed projects... The bathroom and laundry room.



This is the bathroom tile detail. The tiles were originally 13"x13" squares. I thought about laying them checkered, staggered, diagonal... but that looked ordinary to me, so I did my own design (low tech: pencil and graph paper)...


And here's the mirror and vanity...


The water heater detail. Polished copper looks nice...


No comments: